Visitor Visa and Extensions
Foreign nationals usually need a visitor visa to travel to or through Canada. A visitor visa is also known as temporary resident visa which is an official document that can allow you to travel to or through Canada. Most visitors can stay in Canada for a period of up to 6 months, however the Border Services Officer may allow you a stay for less than 6 months upon your entry to Canada..
There are some basic requirements which you must meet in order to get a visitor visa to Canada, which are as follows:
- You must have a valid genuine passport;
- You must be in good state of health;
- You must not have any criminal or immigration-related convictions;
- You must convince an immigration officer that you have strong financial and family ties with your home country or your country of residence;
- You must convince an immigration officer that you will not stay beyond the authorized period of your stay in Canada;
- You must have sufficient funds with proof to convince an immigration officer that you are able to bear your expenses during your stay as a visitor in Canada.
Please note that there are some special requirements which you must meet if a minor child is also accompanying you to Canada.
If you are planning to travel to or through Canada and need a visitor visa, please contact your own Canadian Immigration Lawyer Bikramjit Singh to schedule a consultation meeting to discuss your matter.
Phone: (780) 729 – 0007